Photography Class Spring Dates!


Friends, I am so truly delighted to let you know about the Photography Class I hosted a few weeks ago.  I've had this idea before-teach others how to actually use their DSLR.  I know the iPhones are doing their best to keep up with the Nikons and Canons, but I'm not buying it.  There is truly something substantially better about the art, craft, and quality of a DSLR.  With that said, I knew my idea of combining my love of teaching with my pure passion for photography was a good one. 

Three other people thought so too and signed up for my Rosy Life Photography class.  I don't have the words yet for how honored I am that they believe in my idea and signed up.  I'm ever so glad they did because not only did we learn SO much together last weekend, we also had a blast and ate yummy food! 

I sent out a schedule to the ladies the day before, which included plenty of time to work through the curriculum I wrote about the components of a successful photograph but also an emphasis on questions.  The day of the class it was SO MUCH FUN to watch the ladies face's light up as they not only realized what white balance, ISO, shutter speed, and aperture were, but how to actually change those settings themselves! 

It was like handing them the key to a whole new world of photography they had yet to experience.  Watching the lightbulb go off in their minds was truly priceless. 
Each participant got to take the printed curriculum home, as well as these other goodies, including an art print from me! 
We also ate delicious food and snacks!


A huge component of our day was practicing what we learned and asking questions.  This is SUCH a big deal to me! When I was learning how to use my camera it was just my manual and I, alone on the back deck.  I wouldn't have even know who to ask a question if I needed to! 

So a huge part of the Photography Class was being able to speak up and ask a question! Or two or three! Next, practice, practice, practice.



The day was such a success.  The class members left not only knowing HOW to use their cameras, but excited about it as well! 

In the words of my friend and class participant Kathryn-"I had THE best day with Sara of @therosylifeblog in her real-talk breakdown of manual mode photography. Ya’ll, I’m never going back to auto again!! 10/10, all the gold stars, double praise hands for this wonderful workshop! "
Now a look at some of Kathryn's photos from the day! I adore the fact that she captured me doing my thing! It's not a view I see very much and these photos are precious to me.

Especially this one! I do truly talk with my hands a LOT. 
Lightbulb moment!


Friends, I am ever so thankful for how this day went.  Like truly, madly, deeply grateful.  It was just so darn fun and I loved gifting people the tools they need to be able to experience the joy of photography.  

Wishing you could have come?
Well, good news!! 
I am teaching TWO more Photography Classes this spring!! 
If you'd like to see details on the class and exactly what we'll be learning, you can visit my blog post here!  The *only* detail that will be different in this post is the date!  Obvs, the next class dates won't be in January! 

Here's the lowdown: 
This class is for people with DSLR's wanting to learn how to shoot in manual mode.  The class size is small (6-8 people max per class) so that I can adequately answer questions and look at each person's camera during our time together.  

The class lasts from 9-2 at my house, located in Northwest Arkansas.  I provide the curriculum and you receive your own printed copy of everything we learn! You also receive some extra treats and goodies from me as well a delicious lunch and snacks. 

We have our own private FB group you will become a member of once you sign up.  It is always open for questions! 

The cost for the day is $150.  A $50 non-refundable deposit is due to secure your spot and then you are free to pay the rest in full right away or make partial payments via Paypal until your class date. 

Ready to come?  Here are the class dates: 

Saturday, March 9th from 9-2
Saturday, April 6th from 9-2

How to sign up:
Email sunshinebysara@hotmail.com 
Message me on FB
DM me on IG!

So what are you waiting for?  Let's get learning together! It's going to be so much fun, I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.