autumn in the Ozarks=magic

You all, this autumn has been magic.  I mean, breathtakingly beautiful.  
The past few autumns it's seemed like summer rolled into a weird "fall", which rolled into a non-winter.  Basically a lump of strange months that neither one felt that much different than the other. 

Not so this year, much to my absolute delight. 
I suppose I wasn't even looking towards the fall with great anticipation because the leaves and all have just been kind of a let down previously.  But then a few leaves started to change and we got rain and a few more colors popped up that I hadn't noticed in a long time.  Then I just knew, God was delighting us with an unexpected turn of events-a real autumn!
Even going to cut the wood has felt extra special, being surrounded by so many deep hues.


(my heart)
You all! Can you even?!  This is the path we've been hiking some for exercise.  I just still can't get over the light and color and beauty of it all.  





This looked like an art installment to me.
Even this leaf is delighted! (lol)


Brett's work in progress-building an adorable, functional gate back behind our house. 

I think I snapped these in my work parking lot.  
We've also had plenty of mornings like this with thick fog and the color less evident. 
Something about these mornings speak to me as well though.  Just feels like the world has tucked in for a much-needed rest.
It's not too often in life that something completely surprises me and fully delights me down to my toes.  Yet, this beautiful fall has.  I have truly enjoyed every single sight of it.  It will be etched in my mind for a long, long time.  

*and a special thank-you to each of you who congratulated me on gaining my teaching license again!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.