Look at all this light! It still wins.

(my spring display case at one of my schools)

Well friends, I decided to get myself back on the blog although my first thought was that I didn't know what to type because parts of last week just weren't good.  The facts are this: some of last week really wasn't good but a LOT of it was. :) Which is proven by these photos, the light, the color, and the love that filled up the nooks and crannies of every turn.  I prayed for God's help and care last week and he showed up in a million little ways, as he always does.  So I'm going to savor and show up here for that too. Perhaps it will help you see the light as well? I hope so.  

But if behind-the-scenes you're also dealing with things not meant for the blog/social media world-I feel you.  And I know that there is good waiting for you too.  Let me give a quick example. I was driving to work last week, real heavy with some things when suddenly in a very fancy neighborhood I saw Ukraine's flag on the fence, along with some sunflowers. I instantly had tears jump into my throat and eyes and reminded myself that there are good, good people in the world.  There just are. It's not true, all the negativity, hatred, toxic behaviors.  It was the last place I expected to see such a sign of hope, but there it was. 

Now, a look at the quick little snapshots I've taken here and there that have made me smile and brought me joy.  One of my favorite songs is called "Million Little Miracles" and that's what these feel like to me! 

The sunset after dropping the girls off for a cousin sleepover.

THIS is truly one of my favorite places to be! Sitting under a blanket, coffee and journal in hand. 

Art by the girls. :) 

Betsy packed up these daffodils for her teacher all on her own and taped a note to the jar that said "Flip".  The back of the note had the sweetest words for her teacher. 

Neat and tidy in the craft room. I don't go in here much, but the girls do. Which is fine with me! This room is always absolutely freezing so I'm looking forward to sitting in here again now that the weather is warmed up.

"May all your weeds be wildflowers".  Such sweet words from a dear, dear friend!
Doesn't this look colorful and cheerful? I ate salad a couple of days last week, but also went easy on myself and just had some Magic Cookies and protein bars a couple of days.  This picture DOES make me want a salad though, with all that vinegary dressing. YUM.
Also yum! I've cut way, way back on chocolate...as in I hardly ever eat it. These mint chocolates were super delicious.
Thank-you Anna. :) 
This light caught my attention.
Pretty. :) 
Sitting in the dark for a peaceful minute after a Zoom!

Yes.
I am loving the daily verse from the Bible app, which comes with an art/photo background you can save. 

I discovered the most fun, amazing printable on this website! I can't wait to share with my students.

My happy all weekend! I really love this album. 

We had SNOW on Friday and another learn from home day. Isn't that bananas? The girls went out in it for just a few minutes. They're over it and ready for spring. 
The joys of being a grown-up. You can mix two cereals and call it dinner. 
That peanut butter cereal is so, so good!
Sweet note left for me by Betsy. This is my favorite word ever.
Little spring treasures.
Spotted a rainbow at my mom-in-law's house. 

Give us alllll the flowers! Strange as this may sound, I really want to get in to foraging and seeing what wild things we can eat this spring. Any tips?  
From my mom-in-law's yard. This smelled heavenly. 




Time to visit our favorite nursery again! I highly recommend White River Nursery!
Brett and I are dreaming up pretty ideas for the yard.  Starting this time of year we spend a lot of time outside, either for leisure or work. 
Went with the purple nail polish with glitter on top because.....well, I can. :)

Smoke made for the prettiest lighting, as always. We're still burning fires most nights and it is so cozy. Although it does make the house and porch rather messy, from all of the wood. Still, there's nothing quite as soothing as a wood burning fireplace.
Brett captured this with his phone! Wow! Phone photography has come a long way.  I think this was in portrait mode.  The lighting is just magic.
Another day, more cereal with oat milk. This is my ultimate treat at the moment.



More snow and watching the bird feeder. The snow really was pretty although the general consensus seemed to be that everyone was already excited about spring and here came this little blip of snow. Arkansas truly keeps us guessing!




Probably my favorite photos in a while.  They just feel hopeful and springy and I lost count how many times I looked at this vase with the flower inside all in one day. A lot! Thanks Janice! (Brett's mom)
Adding in some fun to my week with purple and glitter.
Some outfits! Or at least what I wore lately...I'm needing warmer weather to get me inspired and wearing less layers.  I literally had to go look at pictures from last spring just to remember what I wore besides Docs.  This is a dress I layered with a sweater and skinny jeans. Skinny jeans will forever be in style to me!

Not an outfit, but shorts!! The first day of wearing shorts is cause for BIG celebration!

Yes, I've worn this polka dot sweatshirt five million times. Worn with slippers for our at home day of learning. :)
Being a "model" for Brett. (lol) 
Trying a new style of pants for spring. These are Universal Thread from Target and true to size. (I'm an 8) 
These are sooooo comfy! I am going to style them with Vans or clogs. 
New sunnies! These make everything look rosy. :) :) 
Headed on a little adventure, rosy glasses on and coffee in hand with the sun shining bright. Doesn't get much better than this!

Now, I don't know about you but I feel just extremely lifted and energized with all the LIFE these photos hold and I'm ready to start another week.  One more week until spring break! WOOO! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved all your photos. So cheery, just what everyone needs these days. Loved your polka dots every single time. I never find anything that cute.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.