the last bit of summer....

Oomph. 
Summer is saying goodbye. :( 
Here are some memories from the tail end of it!
Brett and I took a mini trip for our 13th anniversary. I adored this chair and pillow combo, as they are my favorite colors. Also: I was sitting here watching a Christmas movie, simply because I could. 
Our Airbnb had an Nespresso maker and it made the best coffee.
Finding a plant-based, most delicious restaurant ever-bliss.
I got chills when I turned the corner and saw this.
We stayed in a beautiful hotel and went exploring.
Dinner, which was so very yummy. I am almost exclusively gluten-free, but Triscuits once a week are such a treat. My parents gave us these green beans from their garden and they have been so very good. The tomatoes are from our garden as well. 
The view, from outside in.  This looks like peace to me, which is exactly what our home feels like.  I know the upcoming weeks will be filled to the brim with all that back to school brings, but knowing I get to come home and rest in this haven at the end of each day helps! 

Brett took me shopping and marveled at how many things I tried on without ever buying anything.  LOL.  I did buy these jeans and shirt at Target, a splurge for me. Goodwill for life! 
Happy reminders. 

These are the dining room shelves and I am really liking how they look right now, especially the top one! I'm also just barely starting to dream of fall and how I'll transform the house.
The fog in the morning has been a pretty sight.  It has been SO HOT this week, like to the point where this summer gal is dreaming of fall. 
Time with my twin! 
I'm on a smoothies for breakfast and salad for lunch kick. I've been making a version of this quinoa salad for a couple of weeks and really enjoying it.  Sunday evenings I'll make a pot of quinoa in the instant pot and then add in a bunch of raw veggies.  I then store this in the fridge for the week and keep the dressing separate.  It works so well! 

For dressing I mix up a vinegar, evoo, grainy mustard, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and occasionally herbs. I'm keeping this up for school! For fall I'm thinking of adding cranberries, goat cheese, nuts, etc....

My favorite place!
Rain is always a good thing in summer!!
Seriously...come back rain! This week our highs are in the upper 90's and the heat index is well over 100.  TOO hot.

So I don't blog about every single book I've read or even that often for being a librarian.  I've explained the reason for this on IG recently.  There's just so much pressure I think, to market whomever you are really well.  Anyway, but this book definitely deserves a mention. I cried more than once during it.  It's about teen boys living in state care and a volunteer who comes once a week to cook dinner and eat with them.  

I can't stop thinking about this book.  

Beautiful tile in our dreamy Airbnb.  We've tucked this place into our memories to try and go stay again for a special occasion!
We are loving Summer Extreme at our church this week!  It has been THE most fun and we are singing, dancing, learning about Jesus, crafting, and making new friends! 

We have a couple of things left to do before back to school, like haircuts and a trip to the aquatic park.  We've shopped for school supplies, been to the dentist and eye doctor, deep cleaned rooms, and I ordered a teacher planner and string lights.  This summer (once I got past the most awful grad school session EVER) has been so very, very good to us.  I'm hopeful and excited for the next season too. 

How are you doing? 

 

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book! What a great way to meet kids where they are, and great lessons on how to be thoughtful about recognizing trauma in its myriad forms.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.