A recap of April and May..and summer on the way!


 We are days away from the start of summer! 
School wraps up officially this week and I am just loving this time of year. 
You all know I'm a summer gal.  I live for this season all year long! 

Real life talk for a minute: there are a lot of really, really hard things happening in our world right now, and there has been for months.  I don't know anyone (our family included) spared from the events of 2020 so far.  There is a lot of darkness.  But there is also so much good and so much light.  Through Jesus, I always find the light.  He always helps me see the good.  Let's look at what's been good. 
For starters, the creek!  We've had a lot of rain so our farm creek got pretty high and was rushing with water.  It was fun to explore.
Water and sun sparkles are just my absolute favorite combination.

 We held tight to the girls and walked them through the deep part.  
Reminded me of the bible verse that says when we pass through the waters, Jesus will be with us. (Isaiah 43:2)

 My favorites!

Proof I was there too! Mamas-get in the pictures too somehow! 

 Glorious sunrise.
 Doing a lot of porch sitting these days.


 We have strawberries! We grew these ourselves.


 The garden! We have a lot planted and right now are enjoying eating a lot of greens and kale.


 "Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"
-You've Got Mail
 Went for a walk by myself and came across this heart-shaped mushroom!

 Light!

 Forever a fossil hunter.


 Magical water drops after a summer rain.

 Now for my phone snaps! 
We have become a kayaking family this summer.
I love hanging with Brett!
 I have kayaked and canoed solo for the first time ever this summer.
 Cooking has also been a fun, creative outlet during covid.
I need to write a whole post on my favorite cookbook, but it is a combination memoir/cookbook.
It had a recipe for this stew in it.  It took a long time to make, but I played music while I cooked and when the recipe was done....
oh my! Magic in a bowl.  Complex flavors I've never even had before. The cooking was totally worth it. Seriously, one of the best meals I've ever made/had.  Brett even said it made the top five list.  Whatever that means! (lol)
Got the girls umbrellas on sale at Aldi's and they have been a huge source of entertainment!

So pretty! These look watercolored to me.
 Plants of my sisters!
 Some of my favorites, all in one pic: 
coffee
red nails
art
twinkle lights
Our crafting game has been strong during covid as well! 
That has been one of the fun parts of this season.  We've had time to order craft supplies from Amazon and make things.


 Beauty at Grandma and Papaw's! We had a yard party with them.  It was incredibly good to see them, as it had been about four months since our last visit.

I've gone into work a couple of times and found this heart on the pavement my first day back since March.
 That's all we can try and do, right?!
Watched this and loved it.  Made me cry.
 New art from the Freckled Hen Farmhouse!!!
I've got some new lip color(s) I am loving!
This is the tannish one. This stuff stays on forever! Scroll down for the brand.

 Cleaned my craft room again.
 This is the lip stuff! 
NYX brand.  This stuff is so good! 
 Happy girls at play.
 Veggie burger, avocado, sauce, and cauliflower chips.
 Trying to be adventurous and fun. 

 At our local park!
 We live so close to so many wonderful things to do! I could not love where we live more if I tried.  We went down a dirt road to get to this spot in the lake and took the kayak and canoe out. 
Rosy maple moth-my favorite because of the name and also, my two favorite colors!

Making friends with nature.
Things are starting to open up and admittedly, you probably won't find me sharing what we're doing/not doing or where we're going.  Not out of dishonesty, but people on the internet can be SO MEAN.  I'd rather keep to myself.
I think we should each make the decisions that are best for our families and try not to be so mean to everyone else.  At least that's our plan! 

I will say I've noticed the same things continually bringing me joy in this weird season, as always.
Jesus, first and foremost.  Nothing would matter much without him.

Also: books
craft time
new recipes
painted nails
getting dressed in an outfit I like
connecting with others
being active
being in/near water
smell good things: candles, incense, essential oils
music!
happy mail
flowers
wildflowers
the garden
good food
hanging with Brett on the porch
trying new things
a bit of a structure to my days/making a schedule
drinking water
getting enough sleep

There is so much good.  
How are you holding up? What's good?


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! Thank you for the beautiful pictures and peek into your life! The bright colors are needed during these times :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love that stew recipe! Thanks for always sharing the rosy when many days lately have seemed overwhelmed with "thorns".

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.