Christmas Mantle

Here's a quick look at our Christmas mantle this year! I left the gratitude tea towel from Freckled Hen Farmhouse up because it says the truest of true words-
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melodie Beattie

Are these wonderful words for this Christmas season, when everywhere we turn we're told to buy more?  I love presents just as much as everyone, but this quote quickly centers me on what's really important.  

Other details on the mantle because it's my fun! 
I sewed the gingham banner with fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby and the pom pom garland came from there as well.

The bottle brush trees have been collected over the last couple of years from Hobby Lobby and Freckled Hen Farmhouse in Fayetteville. The little houses and white tree are also from Hobby Lobby. 

I love changing this mantle out! I plan to keep this one up 'till close to spring.  
Do you enjoy decorating for the seasons or keeping things the same? 

Wishing you a heart full of gratitude as you enter a new week. 
I plan to blog more this week and I hope you'll visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.