This is 36!

Ok, so technically I turn 36 tomorrow, September 5th!  Why is it that particular number gives me a lump of grateful tears, I haven't quite put my finger on yet.  Maybe it's because I know that several people in this wild and crazy social media world are dealing with BIG, life and/or death situations.  I can list off 5 or 6 families right now.  Goodness, this life isn't something to be taken for granted. I didn't come to the blog for a heavy birthday post, but instead to say I know what a tremendous gift it is to be turning 36 and to be healthy and here.  Grateful, grateful, grateful.

Let's do a fun list, shall we! If there's one thing you should know about me by now it's that I adore lists.  I make work lists, lists on my phone (like a LOT of 'em), home lists, dream lists, and well...you get the idea. I just love a good list. Let's do a list of 36 things I'm thankful for, loving, inspired by, watching, basically-#allthethings!

Your gift to me? Leave me a comment with your response to a couple of the things on the list! :)

1.) First things first-I am a twin. I repeat, I am a twin! It's so strange when my work friends don't know yet that I'm a twin.  So my favorite thing about my birthday?! Sharing it with my twin! 

2.) Peter H. Reynolds-so incredibly inspired by this author/illustrator. Like, his articles and thoughts on creativity give me chills.  I feel them. 

3.) America's Got Talent (been a fan for years) and This is Us returns soon!!!!!

4.) looking for the rosy and magic-forever and always. Amen.

5.) Brad Montague-look this artist up! His stuff makes me cry the beautiful tears.

6.) Kimonos-I have 3 and LOVE them. They're all flowery and artsy.

7.) clogs-want. 

8.) Mary's art-my real life pen pal.  Seriously y'all, check out her art here. I gifted myself one of her paintings for my birthday and it is even more beautiful in real life than on the computer screen.  For real!!! She paints magic.  I also just really love her and we haven't met in real life yet but someday we will! 

9.) Pit Paste-LOL.  A sign of old age or just getting more natural as the years go on perhaps? You can google this I guess. It is a natural deodorant I am obsessed with that I made myself. 

10.) close family-I love my family. 

11.) journaling-I heard a sermon this summer that said instead of saying "oh, I just journal", why not listen to the obvious fact that maybe YOU'RE A WRITER. I journal. Maybe I'm a writer.

12.) painting-wildly inspired about painting again.  I've been picking up my paintbrush a lot and plan to have a mini art sale sometime this fall! 

13.) dreams just for me (photography class)-As a full-time working mama I've realized we can only do so much. I've also realized how important it is (for me at least) to have some things to work towards and that I'm excited about that are not work related. Don't take that the wrong way. I love my job! But there are other parts/interests/passions of me too. SO, a very loyal reader asked if I was going to host any photography classes this fall and my answer was yes.  Stay tuned! 
***I won't be doing any photo shoots though....***

14.) Portland, OR-long story short-this is HUGE on my bucket list for travel.

15.) the LIBRARY-I love my job! 

16.) my book-haven't given up the dream on writing my book. Giving it time, saving photographs, collecting stories about truly living with rosy eyes. 

17.) Memoirs-still my favorite type of book.  Other than picture books that is. 

18.) feathers-finding everywhere.

19.) waking early-I am my best self when I get a few minutes of solitude with my bff COFFEE in the early morning hour.

20.) release essential oil-Mary (that I mentioned above) sent me a mini roller of an essential oil blend called "release" and it is absolutely dreamy. 

21.) my pink door-still my favorite thing ever. I put an orange fall wreath on it and it looks soo dreamy!

22.) turquoise-my fave. I have a turquoise ring I wear everyday and I'm keeping my eye out for another to add to my fingers. 

23.) lauren daigle's music and style-love. 

24.) Relevant podcast-makes me belly laugh. 

25.) Bob Goff-enough said. He is just so cool sounding! I get his analogies about people.

26.) blogs in general-I'm old school. I still read blogs for fun. Lots of 'em.

27.) texting-texting my people makes me happy. 

28.) my camera-fallen in love with this again too. I have taken more photos than I have had time to share lately.  Lots of living on the other side of the lens.

29.) Goodwill shopping-fave. Thrifting wins every single time. Now as a 36-year old when someone asks where I shop I confidently say "thrifting", among my other favorite places. 

30.) cooking and savoring food at home-I like this more than restaurants.

31.) smiling secretly at Brett when the girls say something cute-oh my word! Betsy especially still says things that are just a bit funny and she doesn't even know it. 

32.) bday daisies from Brett-he brought home a big bouquet of bright, yellow daisies last weekend and I immediately quoted "don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

33.) shea moisturizer-this stuff is my jam. I use it twice a day.

34.) the fog and webs...have been out in full force lately and it makes me fall in love with life all over again. 

35.) Little Women coming to the big screen and local play-cannot wait!

36.) God speaking through Transformation Church podcast-You should look up this podcast.  This summer one of their sermons literally turned my thinking and life around. For real. Did a heart change within a one hour podcast. Ok, so it was obviously GOD through the podcast, but I hear HIM loud and strong through this mighty church's podcast.

AND that's 36. More confidence in my own skin than I've ever had. More gratefulness than ever. More shaking stuff off that doesn't matter.  Less comparing myself to strangers on the internet.  Less wanting what I don't already have. Less trying to be anything but myself. 

Your turn! What caught your attention from my list and why? 
OH, and happy birthday tomorrow to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! The 5th is our wedding anniversary...this year we celebrated 21 years :)
    I love that Portland is a bucket list stop for you. It's a fun city, and it just so happens that I live right across the Columbia River from Portland (so 20 minutes away!). Also, I love, love, love memoirs too! They are always so interesting for me to read. I find the best ones at second hand booksales and at small local museum bookshops. I think what I like about them is that they give a real glimpse into the everyday life of ordinary people who lived in a different era/place.
    I hope you had a wonderfully fantastic birthday! And, if you ever do make it to Portland, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.