Meet Clementine, my bike.

Yep, I named my bike.  We are going to be bff's after all.  This weekend was full of so many simple joys that Sunday sabbath and spring temps can bring.  Seemingly small joys from the outside looking in, but they went deep.  I just felt my soul finally let out a big breath I felt like I'd been holding all winter long.  Since I think we all need more joy in our lives (we are already filled up with hustle, am I right?) I'm going to blog for a few days about the simple joys that can sustain us through the harder parts of our days and lives.  The magic that surrounds the mundane. 

Starting today with my bike. I named her Clementine.  You can ask why but I don't have a reason really.  I rode a bike the same color last year at my favorite beach (Anna Maria Island, FL) and while this isn't a beach view, it'll do.  We took the girls bike riding at the park on the sidewalk and that was a very happy first for us.  Back home we find ourselves riding through the paths mowed in the pasture.  

In case you've forgotten, let me remind you. Bike-riding is absolutely, completely enjoyable.  So freeing.  As for the pure joy I felt while riding? 

Well, it was as they say, just like riding a bike.  There all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.