Fun with leaf rubbings!

Yesterday I wrote about fully sinking into this beautiful season we get to call fall.  Today I want to share a quick way the girls and I had some autumn fun one afternoon.  

We first went on a leisurely walk around the yard, stuffing leaves in our buckets and coat pockets.

Then we pulled out one of our trusty crafts from years past-leaf rubbings!
This has got to be my favorite autumn craft because as with most of my favorite art activities you can make this as long and drawn out/creative or short and easy as you want! 

The girls both worked on rubbing their leaves with crayons, added some watercolors on top, and then scampered off to play.  I worked on mine for quite a bit longer, adding pastels and paints bit by bit. 

I ended up with this. 
A funky, little "Ode to Autumn" work of art. 

Mostly I ended up having a fun afternoon with my girls!  The piece of finished art was the bonus. 

I hope you'll go on your own leaf hunt! Your crayons are calling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.