Cliche' and carefree

Perhaps it's rather cliche' to write a summer blog post about flowers, but how could you not?! I genuinely love flowers.  I want them in vases, as patterns on my clothes, and as paintings created by my hands.  Something about them just delights the deepest part of my soul. I even care for the few flowers that the general public call (gasp) "weeds."  
Thistles, I see you.



We have an array of flowers in our yard that have been carefully selected and planted by Brett, for the most part.  I do have the irises that I get to claim bragging rights to after successfully planting them myself last year and watching them bloom again this one.  

The favorites though?  The wild ones. 
Behind our house we have a pasture full to the brim of wildflowers.  I snuck back there for a walk one afternoon, going a bit cross-eyed trying to look for both snakes and soul-stirring photos and flowers.  I left with a huge bouquet and smile plastered on my face. 

Roaming the wildflowers is just as good to me as walking along the beach.  And that's GOOD.  

These gorgeous beauties were captured at my mom-in-law's.  You know, being a country gal and all, I never have had sunflowers grow in my yard.  Isn't that the worse? 

Good thing I have such a sweet mom-in-law who doesn't mind at all if I take a gazillion photos.
I think that first sunflower photo is a framer and could keep the cold away this winter. 


One of the best parts of really stopping to notice the weeds and wildflowers are the bugs and butterflies.  There's so much life buzzing when you bend your head down close, that you just don't notice from afar. 

That'll preach. 
As cliche' as it may be, the flowers make me feel carefree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.