The hope-bearers.

 Spring is coming!!! Imagine me yelling that in my best, loudest Oprah voice.  You know the one.  Where she holds her arms out wide and lets her excitement over something just blare.  THAT's the voice I'm using in this post! 

This post is for all you non-foodies who are rolling your eyes over another lengthy, long-winded food post I just did before this one.  Let's be honest, some of you are so tired of reading about my health journey and I'm ok with that.  I am laughing as I'm typing that by the way. I always wonder if y'all can pick up on my sarcasm through the screen.  I do love a good bit of sarcasm and comedy but you have to almost be some kind of humor jedi to make it work through the screen.  Which I am not.  But a lot of what I write I am doing with a grin!
 I am all about embracing each season, leaning into life, yadda, yadda. BUT, winter is just not my fave.  This year we had another chimney fire (sigh) in our rinky-dink fireplace leaving the main room of the house rather chilly and lacking it's usual cozy atmosphere. (#byefelicia. My husband doesn't "get" this hashtag. It cannot be explained. You either get it or you don't. lol) I'm just over it.  Bring on the braids, shorts, Tevas, camping (I miss you pop-up!), school breaks, and wandering in the woods.  Spring, we are ready for you! 

 Our first sign of hope and color on the farm? 
These daffodils.  
We wandered over to the patch, our eyes peeled and looking for yellow.

Ahh...there it was.  A sunny little flower bravely poking its petals out into a world of brown saying "Here we are!! We made it another year!!"
There is just no feeling quite like it.
I tell the girls that God sends us the daffodils to remind us of spring and warmer days.  That they get to be the hope-bearers.  
I want to be a hope-bearer too!  

Other rosy things filling my life with color:
these tassels on Betsy's skirt,
time at the creek,
bright green moss,
watching funny stuff on the t.v. and giving reading a break for now,
picking up my camera (makes my heart skip beats, I love it so),
talking with my girls about their days,
watching Anna learn to read (!!!!),
my little one being VERY cuddly lately.

 Also: 
Betsy saying "limp" instead of blimp,
and "curtsy" instead of cursive.

 This spring we are hoping to go camping quite a lot and possibly visit Branson and Kansas City.

For my fellow Arkansans, do you have any favorite hiking trails, camping spots, or activities the kiddos would love?  Tell me! 
 This is our creek.
I know,  I know. You've seen it a lot. 
But folks, it is just MAGIC.  Pure magic.
You should hear the gurgle of the water.  And oh, the light!
It has a life of its own. 
A little slice of heaven on earth. 
I go here and leave wanting to skip and twirl and explore and paint and breathe deep.
 My kids love it too. 
 (Photo shoot anyone? I am scheduling them! If you're looking for a natural place to come play, wander, laugh, get messy, and have your family's true character captured, this is a great spot)
 These two are the best of friends. 
 You all know how the hearts find me. 
I mean it. 
I showed this photo to Brett and he just chuckled the deepest laugh. 
To end, random questions for you loyal readers: 

Do you read blogs still? Or have you moved on to the faster paced cousin, IG?
Do you like IG stories or is that just too weird? 

What kinds of posts can I offer here that would add to your day? 

What is on your inspiration/keeping you filled creatively list lately? 

Have you scheduled a spring photo shoot?  Do you know I do in-home shoots, to capture your family's natural rhythm? 

I'm ready and listening. Comment away!

3 comments:

  1. you know I am really missing the blogging world and may be ready for things to slow down a bit and take a break from IG and see how it goes, I love all your posts but I do especially love your home vignettes, creativity and anything in nature, Thanks for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog so much, but I have not been keeping up with other blogs that I used to follow. I love IG, but I think I am too old for the stories. As far as inspiration, the best for me is having time to play. We had a snow day today, so it was bonus tome at home. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.