first camping trip of the year

Morning! I wish we were gathered around the campfire to share stories of your camping adventures and mine.  Admittedly, my eyes look as puffy and tired today as they do in this photo from the weekend! We had our first camping trip of the year this past weekend.  Brett took an extra day off which was a treat all by itself.  The weather was hot, hot, hot and exactly how we like it.  
We loaded up the pop-up camper and headed to the White River, just a few minutes away from the lovely Eureka Springs.  Both the river and creative town of Eureka hold dear memories and a special place in our hearts.  There are page after page of memories we've written in each place.  But just as the fresh coat of white paint did my soul good in the studio last week, a brand new year with a brand new start to camping is also good.  No need to constantly pound the same pavement of memories from years past.  It's time to fill some new pages. 

This trip was a bit off for us because our camping neighbors had a different idea of what a good time sounded like than we did, lol.  A.K.A. loud, loud music until the wee hours of the morning.  All loud beats aside, the trip was an adventure and full of braids, good burgers, sunshine, rock throwing, water splashing, and simply being together. 

Isn't together the best place to be?



Brett did a little trout fishing (but no luck), the girls played in the sand and rocks until we finally almost had to drag them away, shovels in hand.  And I got to sit.  Simply sit for at least a few minutes with the hot sun on my back.  I felt like a cat, with nothing better to do than relax.  It was just as glorious as it sounds. 


I also (very obviously) enjoyed capturing our story through photographs, a mixture of both iPhone and Nikon pictures.  















You all know how the heart rocks find me....or rather I find them.  God's little love story strewn about, wherever we happen to be.  






This trip wasn't perfect, as the best things rarely are.  But it was rich.  Camping is the good life to us.  There's no place I'd rather be than with Pippi braids, camera in hand, chasing after my sweet Brett and girls.  I mean, even the burgers and fried eggs taste better when cooked over a campfire.  I dare you to give camping a try this year.  Maybe even start with a small fire pit in the backyard and a place to put your feet up.  I think your soul will thank you. 

3 comments:

  1. As a full time RV'er we live in campgrounds. The best ones are corps of engineers. We started many years ago in a tent and cooking over campfires....memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your camping memories with me! I love to meet fellow campers :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I can imagine how you must have felt. Quite a few people do enjoy being outdoors in nature and making their own human sounds. I guess that's just their way. However, for people who like hearing the sounds of nature all around them in the quiet- relative quiet at least, it can be disconcerting. Glad you had a good time.

    Andrea Wilkins @ Getaway Outdoors

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.