Tea anyone?

Sometimes I'm not the best mom. I nag when I should nourish, lecture when I should love, whine when I should whisper sweet secrets in my girls' ears.  But I try to be the best mom possible, I really do.  It's a balancing act of too much and not enough and just right somewhere in the middle.  Some days though…I get it right.  Some days I secretly pull out the teeny tiny Curious George tea set and spread chocolate icing thick on graham crackers, complete with blue sprinkles.  Some days my girls and I pour "tea" as if we were the most royal family around, our love for each other so thick it almost feels like another guest sitting around the yellow suitcase. 


Here's to trying again, loving again, grace for the good moments and the not, and for tea parties around a yellow suitcase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.