A favorite mama spot of mine.

 oh, these two.  Aren't they silly and sweet all wrapped up in one? Anna Ruth has been asking to "hold Sissy on the couch" lately.  So, that's just what they do.  With me hovering-of course.  This sweet moment lasted for a few seconds before Anna Ruth said "No, no thank-you" and tried to roll Betsy Grace off the couch. Oh dear. 

See? Good thing I was hovering! 
 I have a new favorite spot.  A favorite mama spot.  There is a difference you know.  A spot just for me is Barnes and Noble.  Coffee, Reese's cookie, music in the background, time to browse......

But, a Mama spot is one that does my heart good, just as much as my girls.
that's where the Springdale Library and Murphy Park comes in. 
I've mentioned them before, but the combo of these two is just perfect for MY two. 
 There's the playground Anna Ruth has quickly learned her way around (and no fear of her getting hurt because she still won't go down the giant slide by herself).

 There are swings, and on lucky days I can get both my gals in the swings side by side!  This day was Betsy Grace's first time in a swing!!! She and Anna swung together.  Double the fun. 
 I know just what this look means. There must have been some other kids nearby. Anna is very, very curious about other children and is pretty friendly to them, just within the last few weeks. She wants it to be on her terms though.  If we're out and about and someone stares at her and wants to talk to her she'll rarely want to be friendly back (we're working on being polite). Unless it's Betty, our nice Wal-Mart cashier.  :) She always speaks to us first and Anna always grins real big at her. 

 Another first for Betsy is her riding in the front of the stroller, 
as opposed to sitting in her car seat in the stroller.
Is this a "normal" time to be transitioning her? Or late?
Who knows.  But I do know she likes sitting here, big and tall :) well, sorta tall.
 There are also ducks to feed at the park!! And feathers to collect.  
After our park adventures we usually head into the library to cool off.  Sometimes I make the girls ride in the stroller for a minute so I can look at the books too.  I try to make sure I'm putting my gals first in my daily life, but sometimes I think it's perfectly okay for them to learn to wait their turn (and to see how much their mama loves books too!)
And sometimes on REAL special, HOT days-I'll drive through Sonic and get a large water for myself and a small lemonade for Anna. :) 

{What's a favorite mama spot of yours?}

7 comments:

  1. A few of my favorite momma spots are our sunroom with Little propped up in the corner of our couch reading books and rocking her in our glider. I'm looking forward to finding some "out and about" momma spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of my favorite momma spots are our sunroom with Little propped up in the corner of our couch reading books and rocking her in our glider. I'm looking forward to finding some "out and about" momma spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a sunroom with books sounds lovely! I'm always amazed how early the babies like books :) We are a book loving family here! (as you well know)

      Delete
  3. My Momma spot is in the kitchen with Ting. She loves to help me cook and I love to try to teach her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be a patient mama for letting your little one cook! I need to find more ways to include Anna (my older daughter) in the kitchen and in a while-Betsy too!

      Delete
  4. My momma spot is Farmers Market and then the park on Saturday mornings in the summer, in the fall my momma spot is the hiking trail... your momma spots looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hiking trail sounds great! I'll have to try that with our girls this fall. We have some fabulous trails in Arkansas that are just beautiful.

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.