Hello Autumn: DIY Acorn Pin

 Let's take a mental break from the blazing heat and 
say Welcome September!
Autumn, we are anticipating your cooler temperatures, pumpkin treats and cheery decor,
and a renewed sense of inspiration! 
This weekend I stepped onto my back deck and saw this tiny branch, with a couple of beautiful acorns attached. My mind immediately thought of what a cute pin this would make! Perfect for pinning on a jacket, bag, scarf, or even an inspiration board-simply to remind us that cozy, cooler times are ahead!
The directions for this pin are very simple....and it can be customized to fit your tastes!
You can cut some fabric circles of a favorite print or two,
and glue the acorn branch on top.
Last-glue a pin-back to the fabric.

 You can also wrap the branch around the acorns with your favorite shade of embroidery thread,
Then, simply glue a pin-back directly onto the branch! 

*******
You can also cut leaves from coordinating fabrics as the first image shows and glue them onto the branch.
Attach a pin-back and you're done! 


Of course, as soon as I finished this project the wheels in my head started again.
Wouldn't a whole vase of large branches wrapped in embroidery thread like the image above look simply lovely??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.