Laugh it UP





Did you know that if you dress in a crazy amount of mismatched hearts it instantly lightens the mood?
Or that tickles and peekaboo erase another 4 a.m. wakeup time?
:) Anna Ruth told me today "Sleep is for the weak, mama. All the cool kids are getting up eaaarrrlly." Yes, sweetie they are-and you are the coolest!

This is a MUST. read. Started it...and I'm on page 31. Here are a few lines that jumped directly off the page and into my heart/mind to stew over already:
"The state of your heart is the state of your home"Amen and Amen! Something I noticed right away as I became a mom was that there seemed to be two categories of mama's-those that kept a meticulously clean house and fit body and perfectly dressed kids, etc, etc. while the rest of us stood by whispering "How does she do it?"  The other category of moms was the complete opposite-proudly waving their banner that boasted "My house is a mess and so am I because I'm giving 120% to my kids!" It's taken me a while to realize my goal is to strive for the in-between. Even with only one child-the struggle to balance is still there. If my heart is truly in the right place then sometimes that means there are extra crumbs on the counter, or my hubby arrives home to find dinner isn't made because I'm holding a sleeping, stuffy-nosed baby. Or it might mean I choose to pray that God will help me see the joy in my day, instead of focusing on what didn't go my way. These bits of heart rearranging add up to a home of warmth, love, laughter, prayer and peace......Husbands love this more than a "clean" house I'm convinced. Last night laying in bed Brett told me how pretty I looked...and I was in my jammies-hair slicked back with no makeup. But I was happy...and had tried to take the high road of a good attitude..and I think that shows up on our faces and in our homes. And sometimes, I even have the perfect outfit and makeup, AND a clean house with laundry done! :)

"A well-controlled passionate personality is a powerful thing. If you see a lot of passion in your little girls, don't be discouraged. It is just wonderful raw material." I think of the girls in my family when I read this-the Kyla's, Lainey's, and Anna Ruth's of the world. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.