How did I do?

Last year's New Year's List was quite long....some I did:Make homemade icecream, bake, go on babymoon, sew for our baby, freezer meal swap, bake bread, date night, decorate our home and use it for God's glory (in progress still), homemade Christmas gifts, start Connect Group, and read more books!
Others...not so much:Host a creative night, take a sister's trip, Siesta Scripture Memory, monthly photo collage, go to Ikea, go to Beth Moore event, join Tuesday morning bible study
Something I didn't realize was how time consuming and selfless nursing a baby is, or should be. It is best for baby and mom. It takes a lot of time...time that others can't really help you with. So, some of my goals didn't get accomplished because of needing to be near Anna Ruth. But really...through nursing I know I'm providing something far better for myself and my girl than a trip away would. It's not all about me! :)



It's about this sweet, special girl! She is doing so much, so often! Brett walks quickly around the great room holding her facing out and I tickle and make noises when she passes me. She has developed the deepest laugh this last week when we do this. There is no better sound!
**************
2012 New Year's List:*Host a craft night
*Improve photography skills
*Learn to garden/can
*Sew something from the many books I have
*Dream big
*Serve generously
*Be open to being surprised by God's plan for me!

2 comments:

  1. hey sara! i enjoyed your post and love the photos of your little girl! she has the most precious smile :) great plans for the new year too, i pray its a blessed year for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.