The rosy list #8

Hello, my friends.  It's Brett's birthday today! Happiest of birthdays to him!  I was amused by the fact that he cooked his own birthday dinner tonight, but admittedly he is a better cook than I and had the day off work so.....we enjoyed what he made immensely. 
Well, it's official. I have hit burnout mode with quinoa salad. I started eating this back in the summer and have followed the same routine since-a smoothie for breakfast and this salad for lunch. We've stuck with the morning smoothie and I wouldn't change a thing about it.  It's delicious and a treat every single day!  We make blueberry, banana, and pineapple smoothies with collagen for protein. 

But the salad-I've just reached my limit, even after using the quinoa as a blank slate and making different flavor profiles each week. So instead this week I've packed things like a tuna pack, granola and yogurt, pickles or olives, beef jerky, or a Perfect Bar.  
I made a vinegar shrub with these oranges.  You mix the shrub with sparkling water and it is delicious. I also love to have orange peels, cinnamon, and cloves simmering on the stove this time of year. 
Started a new project and only got this far.  Maybe I'll work on them again this weekend? Haven't been feeling like I've had the margin leftover for anything creative lately, but I bet that will change soon.
Home, sweet home. 
I snapped this real quick one morning.  Just frosty and gorgeous. 

And these-wow! Just wow! I cannot imagine looking at a sky like this and not feeling something deep stirring. I do at least, like there's a reminder that more is happening on this earth than meets the eye.  I feel God in a sky like this. 

Speaking of feeling God-I have felt him so near this week.  I didn't blog last week because I just didn't feel up to it.  A very dear family friend passed away last week suddenly and unexpectedly.  It still makes me cry every time I think about it.  This family is one I've known since birth....and I just can't imagine a world without this man in it.  He was a dad, a grandpa, a husband, and a friend to so many people.  My goodness, how Dan Dorman loved Jesus.  

This earth will never be the same without him. His four grown daughters, precious wife, and extended family could all really use your prayers please.  I know how great my own sadness feels and I just can't imagine what they must be feeling...

A couple of outfits lately.  
We went on a hike last Saturday. It was in the 30's and SO cold. 
Found.
I was feeling incredibly sad on this hike, due to news of our friend passing.  I hung back for a minute and just rested, while Brett took the girls on up ahead.  I liked this capture with the light and dark. 
This made me smile! Someone left a very good, colorful bow. 

Winter hiking has become a favorite thing of ours.  No bugs, a great workout, and sometimes even an old building or two to explore.
I liked the shadow that showed up on my thumb.
Creativity and light-two of my favorite things. 
YUM. I love coffee.  It is a highlight of my day! 
I like to add oat milk and then use my little frother.
Another easy outfit.  These two shirts were thrifted at Goodwill.  Also, this is the longest my hair has ever been as an adult.  Are you team long hair or short?
These congratulatory balloons are still going strong! Even though this room looks messy, this is just real life. The light shining on this bright pink balloons overshadowed the mess to me in this picture. Perhaps a meaning for life, too? :)
This dress and leggings combo was comfy.  I always have the hardest time with tights and a dress and have really just given up on the idea.  Leggings feel much safer when the wind or a student may cause my dress to float up. (oh my!)
Cool display idea!
Last, wearing more polka dots.  Can we ever have too many of these? I don't think so.

Now we enter the last few days of work before the Christmas break.  Teachers are trying to hold on! 
We have 3 dentist appointments over the break, 5 Christmases to attend, and a whole lot of rest to catch up on. 

How about you?  
Any hobbies or shows I need to know about? 
I bet you too, are holding hard and happy things.  
Take good care of yourself, k?
And remember, just like the old farm truck sign says on my drive home "Hope has a name.  Its name is Jesus". 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Dealing with a loss during these pandemic times is extra hard.

    I love your outfit posts! They are so inspiring, especially since you thrift a lot of items. Since I work from home now, I pretty much wear the stereotypical sweats. I would love to experiment more, but when it's cold inside and I'm sitting in front of the computer all day, it just doesn't see worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your thoughts about my friend. Thank-you also for your kind words about my outfit pics! I love thrifting! I find it fun and interesting to put outfits together with what you can find. :)
      Do you have any good thrift stores nearby?

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.