iPhone 6 camera versus Nikon D750

Something caught my eye and attention today and I thought I would share it quickly! I was taking a picture of my art to post on IG and grabbed my phone because for some reason it feels faster to me.  After I snapped the shot I quickly reminded myself that I actually DO know how to use my "big camera" and how to use it quite well.  Within the span of a few seconds I grabbed my camera and took an almost identical photo to the first.  

This is the Nikon shot you see above, which is actually the second picture I took.
The first was this, taken with my iPhone 6. At first glance there's nothing wrong with the photo, except that on further glance the photograph taken with my Nikon much more accurately depicts my painting.  

There just simply isn't any match.  It seems like the argument over phone versus DSLR is fading.  The phone seems to be winning.  The photos can be simply stunning from an iPhone, especially if you have the newest version. (which I'm not even sure what that is)

For the record, both of these photos are completely unedited and straight from the phone/camera.  I guess all I'm saying is I think there will always be those of us who view the phone camera as fun, but the DSLR camera as a work of art.  This few minutes today reminded me of that.  I feel best when I am an artist with my camera AND my paintbrush. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.