I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Merry almost Christmas everyone! 
First-thanks so much for reading my last honest post.  The comments and love afterward have meant the world to me and sure enough, many of you can also relate.  It's a topic I'm going to keep writing about, the subject of body kindness and true health.  It matters. 

But for now I'm popping in to see how you are and wish you a Merry Christmas! Or perhaps you're ready for it all to be over?  I know for many, this time of year can be so hard.  Hallmark doesn't give the most honest look at what this season really means in many people's lives.  Still, whether this time of year is merrier than ever for you or simply a mess you wish to muddle through, I'm sending you a hug, joy, and a bit of magic and wonder.  

This year I made a list of the friends, family, and people in my community who have blessed my life and prepared little presents and notes and bundles of surprises for them all.  I'm proud to say everything was delivered and mailed on time.  Whew! 
I haven't blogged much about our Christmas festivities so far but we've been really benefitting from our church's Christmas series which has taken an in-depth look at a specific person from the Christmas story each week.  The girls were also angels in the Celebration at the Manger play.  Anna Ruth even sang Silent Night all by herself in the microphone!  My brave, beautiful soloist.  My mama heart was SO, SO proud.  



Our church!
We attend First United Presbyterian (FUPC) in Fayetteville if you're a local and looking for a place to try!  Brett and I even teach an adult Sunday School class together we'd love to see you at. 


We've been to the Fayetteville Square twice and the lights were just completely magical each time.  We also visited the Stewart Family Lights! As we rounded the corner and came upon the light display it was simply breath-taking! 
Over the next few days we have cooking galore, eating feast after feast, gingerbread men to decorate, time with loved ones, presents to unwrap, and plenty of merry to sit alongside the mess that is regular life, Christmas season or not.  
We'll end with these wise words from A Mickey's Christmas that made a lump of tears jump in my throat.  
"A gift from the heart is cherished and true.  A present is best when love's given too."
Friends, wishing you love and plenty of rosy in the routine moments over the next few days.  
Be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.